Monday, March 14, 2005

Meditations on a sore throat.

Ahg, I am so sick. I have a sore throat and chills and fever. This is the third day, I managed to get through service yesterday and then slept from noon until morning mostly straight through. We went to the doctor today, and he prescribed something, so I thought I could go work for a while at the church office. Elaine said I should nap but I didn't listen to her. She was right!

After filing and writing my thoughts for the lectionary blog, I started to have chills. I couldn't get warm, I never can, but I couldn't get the church above 65 while I was there.

Long story short I started walking around the walls of the church where the heat registers are, absorbing what warmth they afforded. Strangely the setting sun's light filtering through trees and windows also ministered warmth to me.

I don't have a rosary yet, but there were 10 windows around the church so as I walked I prayed, 'Lord Jesus, son of God have mercy on me a sinner." Now I don't know much of the protestant rosary, since I don't have one yet, but after every 10 I said the Lord's Prayer. As I did I meditated on the passion of Christ. The mercy of Christ and meditations on his death and suffering were powerful to me. Was he cold like I was, did he struggle like Bill did when his body gave out from cancer?

Lord thank you for beating death!

[Listening to: Dancin in My Head - Miss Angie - Head On (02:56)]