Friday, December 07, 2007

submission

My wife is really good at making me do things that are difficult for me to do. Twice this week I have had to submit to her in things that I had no great desire to do. In both cases she told me what I needed to do. I am afraid my initial response was irritation and rudeness, but as I sat there in the silence of her anger, I realized that I needed the discipline of submission today. I needed to serve and she was making sure that I did. O God help me to always understand your whispered calls to service and when I miss it, allow me to hear the not so whispered reminders coming from Elaine!

1 comment:

  1. I love the honesty of the post. We really our in debt to our wives aren't we? I love to think about how people invest in my life and my wife is no exception. I am in debt to her for all that she has "helped" God make me to be. As if God needs help...He's GOD!

    ReplyDelete