Thursday, January 15, 2009

Residency Day 5

Today I feel like my brain is full and I can’t learn any more. I need to take a break, or as Jerrell said to night, “I need some action…” then he added, “and then some time for reflection – praxis!” I feel like I need to get home and do something – bring hope to our abandoned downtown, find the poor to hang out with, get arrested for opposing injustice! Most important I want to get back to my wife and family and enjoy them. I love living in community with them and our desire to expand that community to others! Ella, Foster, Elaine, I am coming home soon, but not soon enough for my heart.

To relieve this tension, a bunch of my classmates and I went out again tonight. The conversation at the table was good, but the laughter in the packed car on the way home restores my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment