Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Making

I visited Father John today to touch base with him about what we are doing at the community lenten service on Wednesday.  He make me happy.  John is an original soul.   He has this way of weaving the psalms into his meditations.  I imagine it comes from praying the hours.

This year we are working our way to Jerusalem focusing on different geographical regions.  John and I get the Jordan river and the Mount of Transfiguration. John came up with the idea to have a dove fly from the Jordan river valley (at the baptismal font) to the mount of transfiguration (by the tabernacle).  This will be a "Creative Movement" or an interpretive dance with props.  I will play the dove with a puppet on a string. The movement will follow Psalm 91 along with Psalm 84.

I love the Psalms. I think that is part of what excites me about this week's service.  John gave me my first full liturgy of the hours to pray with.  It was the Benedictine Daily Prayer.  What a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment