Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Media fast day 2

I just realized this may be the first time I have done a media fast. I have cut out tv, but social media and games weren't a thing before, and in the past I just let Elaine do it.  I noticed today improved cognitive ability. I am making connections and remembering thought experiments I had put aside. Perhaps media saturation really does make us dumber.

Some things I have observed in Elaine:
• She touches me more. She speculates that this may be because her security blanket - her phone is not in her hands. 
• She talks to me more deeply. Last night she described to me the plot of a book she read with interest and excitement. 
• We're both up and about earlier, getting more done around the house and on our projects. It's also nice to hear her share what she is learning and get her input on what I study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment