Thursday, April 06, 2000

Psalm 119 Yodh

A Meditation on Psalm 119:73-80

With wonderful power, your words created me. Speak again the power to obey your commands. Fierce and wonderful and awful are you! May people see the power of your word spilling from my eyes. My eyes that see the melody of your voice and melt in peace and comfort. Oh fearful God, let your mercy come to me before the weight of your whisper crushes me. What an awesome weight - those who refuse you can never stand. The song of your words rings in my head continually. May the singers of your song and the hummers of your tune look and me with a smile. Let the power of your word create again a clean relentless heart, and I will growl after you.

Y/J

Your words created me with wonderful power
speak again giving power to obey your commands

Your words are awesome and wonderful
you are fierce and powerful

Your words are filled with power
may people see them spilling from my eyes

Your words melt my heart
in peace and comfort I gaze

Jewels of mercy give me
so that I can stand under the weight of your whisper

Jumbo weight so great
anyone who resists that whisper is crushed

Jingling songs fill my ears and clean my heart
relentless growling heart

Just people sing your songs
may they look to me and hum along

No comments:

Post a Comment