Saturday, December 04, 1999

Today again I found solitude and access to God at Blue Monday. For the first time in many weeks, some one struck up a conversation with me. Paul is 30, has a B.A. in philosophy from Carleton, repairs electron microscopes, volunteers as a Big Brother, enjoys a hobby of counseling. And he seeks truth. He doesn’t feel it is possible to see much of it though. For a few hours we talked of what stirs us, society and spirituality. A young lady jumped in at one point moved by our conversation of God. To Paul, a pastor’s greatest responsibility is to be a seeker of truth. Truth that will end through tradition and doubt will end in faith – true faith. As an agnostic he was more of a universalist. I encouraged him to continue seeking and I am confident he will find the Truth. “I am the way the truth and the life.”


No comments:

Post a Comment