Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Compline

I watched Born Without a Face last night. Like other TLC stories, this one touched my emotions. I felt love for Juliana through her parents.  It was like she was Ella and I was hugging and kissing her before a surgery.  I think there is something sacramental about putting yourself in the place of another.  Perhaps that is why I like acting.  After watching the show I had to give the kids an ardent good night kiss and hug them, though they were asleep already.  

I also felt I had to pray.  The emotions and images wouldn’t leave me alone.  I got on universalis and prayed compline.   Ray Orth sent me an email asking me how the hours were going, and I had to admit since my Lent book ran out, I haven’t tried much.  This Sunday night, last night and now twice today universalis has been a joy and succor to my soul. I’ve missed praying the psalms.