Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Consecration

42759: The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life, Nelson Royal ClassicsThe Christian's Secret of a Happy Life, Nelson Royal Classics

By Hannah Whitall Smith


Often I have held on to the "Not-yet" part of my salavation. It reminds me that there is still a world of discipleship yet to be experienced. Reading this book focuses me on the already of salvation - that I have consecrated myself, given myself as an offering to him. What is given to him is recieved and made holy because he who recieves it is holy. Resting in this fact means not questioning the truth of my consecration even when I fail. Does my sin mean that I am not God's? No. Only that I stand in need of Grace yet, and rest in the knowlege and belief that God gives grace.

It is refreshing to think of sanctification in terms, not of doing, but of resting and trusting. Thank you my Father and King for recieving my offering of my body.