Tuesday, January 16, 2007

If a picture is worth 1000 .... Christianese

I received a link in my junk mail box to www.goodsalt.com. It looked interesting, my wife is always on the look out for stock photo sites. I was disappointed. This site was full of the inspirational fluff that fills the art section of the Christian book stores. What is more, they charge amounts that rival the high end commercial stock photo places. Ugh.
IMAGE DOWNLOADS:
SMALL 1024px 72dpi:
(local church projection use only)
** US $9.95


SMALL 1024px 72dpi:
(Nonprofit website use only)
** US $49.95


MEDIUM 5-6MB 300dpi:
(half page - print up to 5x7 inches)
** US $89.95


LARGE 28MB 300dpi:
(full page - print up to 8.5x11 inches)
** US $239.95
Even their free stuff you are restricted to only projections, not web or print. This ridiculous mix of greed and Christian sub-culture dismays me, but it is what I expect from the Christian sub-culture. To their credit they do have culturally relevant images, like a black Jesus.

For a decent stock photo site, use www.istockphoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment