Tuesday, August 10, 1999

The choice of abandon

I am caught somewhere between who I am meant to be, and who I might become. All this rests on choice. God has an imaginative and bold vision for us to bring glory to him and I skirt around the edge of it, afraid to step into the light.

Either I can become the man of power and destiny that Jesus was, or my apprehension and appetite for sin will pull me to the watery grave. I am comfortable in this haze. Even though it is frustration being pulled in two directions, it is safe. But ultimately in that place I cannot stay. So then, there is the choice of abandonment. I must choose now to recklessly abandon my cherished self, throwing all to the wind and meet destiny in almighty. OR if not then I must be resolved to the path of sin and death. The choice is painfully obvious, and painfully accepted.

Wake up o sleeper
Rise from the dead
And the light of Christ will shine on you.

Lord, give me strength as I loose myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment