Tuesday, August 03, 1999

Wake up!

“Live as children of light.” Paul calls the Ephesian Christians to put off the old and put on the new…. “Find out what pleases the Lord.” The ease of living an illuminated life escapes us. Darkness so attracts me that I get lost and my heart too begins to loose sensitivity. There is old in my life that I refuse to take off because in my dreary stupor I do not want it.

Wake up! Open your eyes and rise from the dead! If I can heed this warning, the light of Christ will blaze through leaves and drawn curtains and pry my heavy eyes from their pillow. The light exposes evil. It drives holy action to find God and ask him how his loving child may please him.

Lord, wake me up. Blaze a path to every misdeed and deal with them one by one. My eyes sparkle with a twinkle of your light. May they bring you pleasure.

Spiritual coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment