Wednesday, August 04, 1999

The question of initiative

“Wake up and…” The light of Christ is shining; can I see it through thick eyelids? He wants little more than to pour his light into my life. He desires to set me ablaze. “You are the light of the earth” With his light all unholy things are exposed first in my life then in others trough the contrast with him blazing through my life! “What maters is our relationship and the atmosphere it produces.” Are my surroundings lit a wash by the blaze of his life in me?

I was once in darkness, can I lay a hold of the light? It is up to me to open my eyes – to realize the truth of Christ’s light. At that point the light blazes new life into my soul. The light of Christ does more than enlighten it brings life and defeats sloth.

Lord I choose to stare into the thousand suns that is your face! Expose me and bring life where once was sloth and death, until I am at home in your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment