Saturday, April 01, 2000

Psalm 119 Teth

A Meditation on Psalm 119:65-72

What you do is Good. You are the author of Good. "Teach me!" I cried. To be taught, I had to die. It hurt but even your pain is good. Let me suffer - teach me your ways. Let me experience your heart. Let me love you through your afflictions. Hopelessness and pain are all around me. By your power let me be your beating heart to them. Let me learn your word through hard experiences. I love your word more than feeling good, and more than life.

T

Tell me of your goodness
all you do is Good

Teach me your ways with your sorrow
make me feel pain like your children feel

Teach me I cry!
your word brings hope

To be taught I must die
all your ways are good

To many walk around with no hope
they neglect your word

Tell me how to reach them
to touch their death

Truth is found in your words
is learned by hard experiences

Tell me of your goodness again
the words are better to me than feeling good
better to me than life


No comments:

Post a Comment