Saturday, July 01, 2000

Social Justice / Psalm 119 Ayin

A Meditation on Psalm 119:121-128

Open my eyes to injustice, Oh Great Jubilee!  Lift me out of the comfort of shallowness and baptize me in the depth of human suffering. Open my heart, let me search and feel the pain of the oppressed.  Let my hate for The Man and his ways rise up as  a prayer to your ears, a fragrant incense to your nostrils.  Stir my heart to long for the justice that is your nature in whole.  Teach me your ways.  Open my mind in wisdom to see your justice reign in all the world at my fingertips. Open my mouth as I cry to you my desperate prayer, and  all who will hear will cry for oyur justice. Cry tears for your law that is broken and hearts that are broken because of it. Cry to you, take action o Jubilee. Defend your nature, it is right and pure.   In it I see no wrong way and there the hopeless find their hope. A meal fitting a king with out a castle. Open the door of my heart - break the lock and sit on the throne there Oh Jubilee. King with out a home, everywhere king.  Justice supreme in power and deed reign with gentle verocity.  Pour justice down like rain and righteousness like the dew on Herman.

No comments:

Post a Comment