Friday, July 21, 2000

Fear and cares

Lord, many fears and cares lay upon me.  I am but a pilgrim venturing into the valley of the shadow. Night is upon me. Your rod and your staff touch me, guide me, comfort me. Ah, but now I am weighed by cares and fettered by fears. I try to sleep, but my eyes keep weary watch for your salvation.  No care, no danger can harm, but the ones in the heart.   For there is our bridal chamber., but fettered and crushed I am far from you.  Your salvation, your victory are at hand. I would lift my hand to your lips, but my shackle is heavy. Away with my cares!  Take them and make right again the chamber of my heart. Where your perfect, infinite, love dwells, there no fear may stand and mock. Failure runs from your presence, scurrying under foot. There, even in the darkest valley, my footing is sure!

Things to do, cares to cast:
  • Indiana form - find out about 2000 celebration (general council)
  • Global Paper
  • Witnessing
  • Job interview - call

No comments:

Post a Comment