Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Have Mercy on Me!


Jesus often was met with cries of "Son of David Have mercy on me!"

Do I realize how incredible it is that it is the very divinity in Christ, which makes him transcendent and worthy of awe, worship and retreating reverence, that also includes the insatiable drive for mercy?

Jesus had compassion on the leper. He could have just spoken and dismissed the leper as healed, but this time he had compassion. Pity overflowed from his bowls. And he touched the mess of a man.

Oh, Lord, have mercy on me! Thank you for your divine nature of mercy. That you want to be tender, have compassion, love and have a relationship with -- even me.

Never let me take your mercy for granted, but let me always see it through the eyes of your transcendence.

No comments:

Post a Comment