Sunday, March 29, 2009

A paradigm for everyday spiritual life


The sun is the light of God found in the cyclical process of awakening, purgation, illumination and union. The swirls of light irradiating from the sun represent the integration of the spiritual life in all things and the breakdown of imposed compartments and dualities. They remind us that God doesn't want to be the biggest part of our lives but integrated in to all of them. God invades our work, relationships, personal and communal life making all of life sacred.

The door is my home with God. The stone by the door is my touchstone that brings me back to practicing the presence. The path from the door is reversed in perspective like an icon to draw the viewer in. God invites me down the path to him, and regardless of how far I wander away from home the mere thought of my touchstone puts me at my front door again.

No comments:

Post a Comment