Monday, April 27, 2009

fame

"But they went off and blazed and spread His fame abroad throughout that whole district." (Matthew 9:31 Amplified)

Two private healling result in Jesus' fame spreading through out the district. How I long for his fame to spread here. I long for him to be glorified - proved mighty in the eyes of his people. The people of our church need to see him shining and glorious, to see that he really reigns and moves in their lives.

To be sure, my high feelings for Jesus and desire for his glory are mingled with baser thoughts. There are thoughts of how I need to see him move to validate my ministry and build my own faith and experience.

Lord purify my motives.

"When He saw the throngs, He was moved with pity and sympathy for them, because they were bewildered (harassed and distressed and dejected and helpless), like sheep without a shepherd" (Matthew 9:36 Amplified).

Fill me with your compassion. Give me eyes to see what you are doing and the readiness to be obediant. Increase my zeal for the glory of your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment