Monday, October 04, 2004

William Blake--Infant Joy

William Blake Infant Joy:

"'I have no name;
I am but two days old.'
What shall I call thee?
'I happy am,
Joy is my name.'
Sweet joy befall thee!

Pretty joy!
Sweet joy, but two days old.
Sweet Joy I call thee:
Thou dost smile,
I sing the while;
Sweet joy befall thee! "



Tory read this poem on the DVD my family sent us. It has been in my mind much this last week of infant joy.

We took Foster to the hospital for blood work again today. Friday we took him because of his jaundice to check his bilirubin levels. They are aproaching normal now. :)

This of course reminded me how much obsessive joy I took in saying bilirubin two years ago when Ella went through the same tests. It has inspired me to make Billie-Reuben sandwiches.

Imagine this for a modified Reuben, a toasted piece of swirled rye, mayo, lettuce, Swiss, peppered corned beef, more Swiss, sliced cukes, sprouts, maybe even more Swiss, honey mustard and a swirled rye lid. A Billie-Reuben.

No comments:

Post a Comment