Monday, October 25, 2004

Good week! (I hope)

My parents are coming this weekend along with my brother J.D. Their main reason for coming is to meet the little guy, but I am glad to see my family. In addition to that, I convinced dad to preach this weekend. With my freedom from sermon preparation (with the exception of my lectionary blog) I am going to engage in some writing (see my new post on my short story blog) and catch up on some visitation (1/3 down).

I managed to overcome a strong anxiety to visit a parishioner today. It was a great visit. I knew if I just did it, that it would be difficult but rewarding. Lord help me to be disciplined in the face of strong emotions like fear, anxiety and saddness. How I need you!

I sure hope this is a productive week. I need to create a director's book for the chistmas play I am directing for the community theatre and it would be nice to get a jump on a few sermons. It will still be full even though my main responsibility for the week will dad's. If anyone has any thoughts on this weeks lectionary, help me out with some comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris-

    Enjoy your blogs and I appreciate your honesty about anxiety visiting a parishoner! Lord knows I've experienced that many times! You mention 1/3 down on visitation. What does that refer to? Do you have a methodology for visitation?

    Grace and peace,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete