Friday, November 26, 2004

Holy days

Holidays are nice. Yesterday was a wonderful change of pace. I cooked dinner, but even that didn't stress me out. The dinner went together so efficiently that our only problem was that I was done an hour and a half before I was supposed to be. We had my famous double glazed honey ham, equally famous baked hashbrowns, corn, stuffing, biscuits. Mmm, Mmm.

The day was like a pacific island in the middle of a turbulent sea of stress. Holy Leisure, a Sabbaths rest for this pastor who has a tough time observing that commandment. It is not that I work to hard, but rather I am not disciplined enough to make my rest holy.

Yesterday was a holy day. Even today is full of holiday rest. My mouth is lifted, both in smiles and in praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment