Friday, February 04, 2000

Expectancy

(Inspired by Elaine)

Lord, I look to you at every turn. My ears strain to hear your voice in the wind. My eyes search the domains of cosmos, Earth and sky to read your words. My body calls to my couch to hear your comfort. My lips savor their food to catch a taste of your Goodness. Surely you speak to me in my doldrums, in the congregation may Spirit kiss spirit.

Lord, I cry out to you. I ache for your presence. My desire pours from my mouth. My soul is filled with longing, and I fill your ears with my requests. You lead and I dance. Your cloud moves and I follow. In brokenness I weep for your glory. I writhe for your kingdom and dance for your exaltation. May they come! I call to you every day in the congregation. May words run dry and the soul flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment