Friday, February 04, 2000

Psalm 119 Aleph

A meditation on Psalm 119:1-8

Lord, your are the giver of blessings, laws and help. Those who hear your voice walk in obedience. With every ounce of me I love your words. Teach me to hear your words, and I will run to do them. I thirst for your Voice. I long to be obedient, but I can not. You old me and help me. Your words give me power to obey!

A

All those who hear your voice are blessed
you reward those who look for you
.
Always your words bring life
and the obedient live by them

Answer the obedient with your presence
speak to them your love.

Are those who study your precepts changed?
you change them to be your own.

Am I a lover of your word?
my feet are drawn to other paths.

Alone my heart aches for your word
the lack of food contains no fury.

Again I wait and am filled
your law is nourishment to me.

As a swallow gazes on the Eagle
I look for your strength to obey your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment