Saturday, February 26, 2000

Psalm 119 Dalet

Not-Pastor Chris A Meditation on Psalm 119:25-32

Lord, I am a criminal, my shame and sorrow are a fountain of tears. My feelings deceive me, but your words comfort me. They are all that bring me strength. I must repeat your words to the people. I long to follow you, long to turn at your correction. I will run down the path of your commandments for by your grace you have set me free.


D

Dirt, I feel like dirt for my shame
Give me life like your word talks about

Dead, I confess my sins and you forgave
Teach me all your ways

Deed is done. Speak to me
So I can wonder at your words again

Dreary from sorrow, and tears run dry
Your word is my only comfort

Deceitful feelings pull at me
But your word is a gracious teacher

Dear words from your mouth are on my tongue
I must speak them to the people

Deal with my ways according to your word
Don't let me be put to shame

Delighted, I run down the path of your word
for your have set my heart free

No comments:

Post a Comment