Saturday, February 12, 2000

Psalm 119 Beth

A meditation on Psalm 119:9-16

Lord it is by your words that I keep my way pure. When you speak, my heart aches to obey. Speak to me Lord, teach my your intimate ways. With my whole life and heart I search for you. I love the sound of your voice. I love your hand on me as you lead me while we dance. My lips long to touch yours. They will continually sing the beauty of your words. My lips call to you pleading for your voice. My lips cry to all creation the wonders of your thoughts. They are my daydream all life long.

B

Beat after beat my heart longs for you
your commands keep it pure

Beat upon beat my heart searches for your face
it searches to hear you speak

Better are your words to me than the sunset
more than all my heart's desires

Bread of life feed me
your thoughts are my food

Breath cannot escape my lips without praise
your words are too wonderful

Both of my lips sing your wonders
your voice forms and shakes worlds

Because your words keep me pure forever
I will always praise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment