Tuesday, March 21, 2000

Psalm 119 Zayin

A Meditation on Psalm 119:49-56

At sunrise and sunset your voice calls me to the table. Every day you draw me to the pasture of your word. There is hope there. There is peace in that place. All around is confused and changing. In your presence I long to stay. I am torn with the thought of those who ignore your voice... your reality. Your words are my song and sonnet. If I go to the meeting house you are there. If I go to the coffeehouse you are there. Every time I sit and meditate, wondering at your word. It's my routine, my comfort.

Z

Zebum, Zebum, the rhythm goes
your voice calls every morning

Zebum, Zebum, it comes again
at night I hear your comforting song

Zeglug, Zeglug, There is hope where you bring me
though all changes your word doesn't

Zeglug, Zeglug, Your heart beats to me your peace
though I am confused, your word isn't

Zing zang zebu, my heart breaks
people ignore your voice

Zing zang zip, your words are my song and sonnet
even though people don't know how real you are

Zip zalu along my path you're always there
in the meeting house and the coffeehouse

Zip zalu everywhere I sit and talk with you
it's my comfort, my routine

No comments:

Post a Comment