Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The library was good to me today

I am sitting in front of the library on the sidewalk with my computer. I had a meeting to go to so I left the library at 3:00 and now it is closed. I simply had to return to pay homage.

The few hours I spent here were very productive. My sermon is where it normally is Thursday or Friday. I had a chance to read all my blogging buddies as well.

A common source of meditation in the blogosphere today was money. Strange. Jeremiah doesn't deal with money as directly as the gospel text this week, but still I find myself meditating on that more than anything. There is certainly a stewardship involved in the Jeremiah text. It comes with a recognition that there is a future beyond the circumstance. Is my life like a deed in the pot saved for the future God has planned for me? or do I like Dives spend and waste my life?

Ah, but now my contemplation is ruined by WiFi Vigilante man telling me that accessing the library's free WiFi from the sidewalk is illegal. I have a suspicion that free WiFi itself gets in his craw, because he wants it to be only for the elite SUV driving wireless geeks such as he. Hmm, it sucks being on the upper lower-class side of the class war as well as being beaten down by the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment