Friday, September 10, 2004

The Pursuit of God

The Pursuit of God: "Hearts that are `fit to break' with love for the Godhead are those who have been in the Presence and have looked with opened eye upon the majesty of Deity. Men of the breaking hearts had a quality about them not known or understood by common men. They habitually spoke with spiritual authority. They had been in the Presence of God and they reported what they saw there. They were prophets, not scribes, for the scribe tells us what he has read, and the prophet tells us what he has seen."

Ah-- Tozer. My heart yearns to be broken again. I know what that will mean, lamentation like Jeremiah, pain, discipline. Yet all that seems nothing and indeed is quickly forgotten in the sweet presence of God.

I've felt it- the manifest presence of God! Oh how I miss it. He leaves me with the sure and unshakeable knowledge that He is always with me. Yet I lay in bed blogging to avoid my thoughts devoid of his presence.

Oh sweet Presence, tear away the veil again. Let me see your sweet face. I know this means tearing self from self, and I welcome the breaking of my heart! Batter my heart three personed God!

No comments:

Post a Comment