Tuesday, July 20, 1999

Abandonment amidst drudgeries

"I was not disobedient to the vision" Acts 26:19

Reckless abandonment speaks not to an emotional response to God's greatness, it speaks to the willful act of neglecting our own desires for His. Am I waiting for excitement to take God at this word? If he said it, he will do it. Do I live in that knowlege? Then I must be recklessly abandoned to it.

Amidst the drudgeries, God's desires and dreams are lost to our own bordom. Even still is he with us. The unchanging God is still powerful enough to realize his word in my drudgeries. Do I refuse his promise by denying that he is truly there working his adventure in my life?

Lord, alow me to see and lay hold the measure of faith you have given, that I may realize the intangible in my drudgeries. Let my goals and potential daily be guided by your ever present hand and not destracted by my ever illusive emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment