Wednesday, July 14, 1999

The key to fruitfulness - John 15:16

"I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain."

Oh to bear fruit. The excitement lies in seeing results. God finds goy and excitement in fruitful lives. He calls me to allow his joy to abide in me and make my joy full in bearing fruit. How am I doing? Love is his command and the fruit that can remain from my life. How many times has my selfless love shown me a perfect model of his love, allowing me to undertand? He calls me to take those moments and make a lifestyle out of it. This can only happen in a twisted and mangeled heart like mine as I alow his word, his presnce, his love an dhis lifestyle to be my home. I am his workmanship. He is the gardner pouring over my life. As he pulls and prunes, through the pain, I find his heart my living room.

Lord, make me the branch your artistic eye sees. Help me to know and be filled with your love. As I learn to abide, bring forth lasting fruit in my life, that we may rejoice together.

No comments:

Post a Comment