Monday, July 12, 1999

Relentless pursuit of what is best

There are times in every life when you come face to face with destiny. The last few weeks I have had experiences that put me face to face with destiny. Each experience is a point of change, but only if those points are followed with reckless abandonment will a changed life result.

The same thoughts with which I begin this dialog are the ones with which I began last night's sermon. And again Monday.... She revisits me not with sin this time but good. By the standard of most of my life that would be a joyous statement. But I have looked into the eyes of my destiny. Today I desire to know that man behind those eyes. I desire to see the same person realized in every fiber of my being. Good must take it's place. It must make room in me for best. "He is the radience of God's Glory and the exact representation of his being."

Lord, I need your streingth to continually abandon myself to your best. It can be a difficult choice to give up what is good and pleasing in my eyes for what is best in yours, but I want more than good. I want to look in the mirror and see my Father's eyes.

Resolutions
less tv
listen more

No comments:

Post a Comment