Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Adventures in Fasting part 1

The effects of my pre-thanksgiving fast have started to take effect. My spoiled child has started grumbling, not because I am really hungry, but because it has come to food at this time. I tell it to "settle down," and move on to pray my midmorning prayer. "God come to my assistance, Lord make haste to help me."

This morning was breakfast with the church people. It wasn't much of a problem though, I sometimes don't order anything for myself in order to be able to afford breakfast for the kids. They were off of school for Thanksgiving break so they were with me. Aside from Ella asking if I was going to eat, I didn't have any questions. Ella has been concerned about me.

I made them some Spaghetti Oh's - Cars shaped. When I got the kids set up to eat, I went to my room to pray and write. Ella came in and asked, "Daddy, what are you going to eat?"

"I'm not going to eat. I'm all right."

"That's OK," she said, rubbing my back, "You pray your good morning prayer." She went back to eat.

When she was done she came back and wanted to pray the noontime prayer with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment