Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Adventures in Fasting part 2

I find myself thinking about snacking. I imagine what I could eat, even relish in it as a daydream and then remember I'm not eating today. Ella keeps asking me for desert or a snack.

Today, for good or bad, I am not very sympathetic.

"But, I'm hungry... I'm starving."

I tell her what I told my stomach at lunch time. "Calm down, you'll be all right."

Richard has been on my heart as I fast today. When Jesus came down from the mount of transfiguration, his disciples were trying to cast out a devil. "And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting."

Richard has been struggling with addiction and wants out of its grasp. I listened to his story rejoicing in what God was doing in him, but felt that he might not realize how much grace he needs. So I pray for him, and fast. God give him wisdom, grace and a heart after you!

No comments:

Post a Comment